***ONLY TWO SPOTS LEFT FOR BODY LOGIC!!!***
***WAITING LIST FOR FOOT!!!!***
Ugly Duckling Pilates is delighted to present Marie-José Blom for two workshops over three days (friday may 4th to sunday may 6th) in lovely downtown Toronto, Canada. [scroll down for workshop description and printable pdf poster]
Marie-José Blom has been combining Pilates technique and dance medicine for well over twenty years. Her mission statement is “the implementation of movement sciences elevating Pilates into the twenty-first century.” Marie-José Blom pioneered and founded her comprehensive Teacher Training courses as a master teacher in 1991 at Long Beach Dance Conditioning. She remains committed to research and continuing education in her specialty subjects of pelvic and lumbar stability and movement techniques.
Marie-José is currently on faculty at Southern California’s Loyola Marymount University where she teaches Anatomy/Kinesiology and Physiology for the department of dance; concurrently with her directorship of LBDC and her teacher training courses. Marie-José has established programs at various international facilities and is in demand for lectures both locally and internationally for institutes, physical therapists and movement educators.
- From the Soul of the Foot to the Core of the Body (friday – 8 hours)
- Body Logic (sat/sun – 16 hours)
Instructor: Marie-José Blom
Location: Ugly Duckling Pilates – Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada – 130 Rosedale Valley Road (#508)
Workshop Size: 20 Participants
Total Cost: $650 for all three days – 250 for one day – 450 for two
Full and printable PDF: Marie-Jose_Blom_2012 (Right Click and select “Save Link As …”)
Please note: CATS IN THE STUDIO .
From the Soul of the Foot to the Core of the Body
This two-part workshop introduces the relationship between the proper placement of the foot and ankle and the performance of the entire body. The morning session includes an introduction to the functional anatomy of the foot and ankle, embodying the information by locating the structures on your own body and developing an understanding of the movement of the bones through seeing, feeling and understanding. The afternoon session includes dynamic alignment and strength exercises for the foot and ankle, integration of optimal placement of the feet in Reformer and Trapeze Table exercises, and understanding the effects of foot placement on the rest of the body.
- Develop a deep understanding of the relationship between the foot and ankle and the entire body
- Form a strong physiological appreciation for the significance of the foot and ankle, and their potential affect on body performance
- Learn to integrate Pilates exercise protocol through existing repertoire for foot and ankle
Füße in guten Händen (Feet in Good Hands), Christian Larsen – German, ISBN-10: 3131355522
The Endless Web: Fascial Anatomy and Physical Reality, R. Louis Schultz – ISBN-10: 1556432283
Anatomy Trains 2nd Edition, Thomas Meyers – ISBN-10: 044310283X
Energy Medicine in Therapeutics and Human Performance, James Oschman – ISBN-10: 0750654007
Fascia Research, Robert Schleip – ISBN-10: 3437550098
Muscles and Meridians: The Manipulation of Shape, Phillip Beach – ISBN-10: 070203109
Merging Wellness and Fitness to Create Real-Life Pilates Programs
Discover Pilates as a vital and meaningful integration methodology that bridges the gap between the therapeutic and conventional studio environment. Body Logic content focuses on improving the instructional quality and biomechanical understanding of Pilates exercises using Pilates equipment. This workshop aims to deepen the teaching skill level of the practitioner to merge wellness and fitness into true vitality for the client/patient.
- Improving and deepening the teaching skill according to new movement biomechanics through concept of length tension: dynamic core control
- The understanding of a new model of human movement as the foundation of our teachings (according to Phillip Beach)
- Expanding the repertoire with:
- Variations and modifications suitable for therapeutic or clinical application
- Further using variations to deepen the body of work
Course Curriculum includes:
- In-depth functional anatomy biomechanics illustrated by 3D presentations and PowerPoint
- Practical applications of these teachings are applied in the analysis of the movement repertoire
- The course is taught in a noncompetitive supportive environment
The Pelvic Girdle, Diane Lee – ISBN-10: 0443073732
Energy Medicine in Therapeutics and Human Performance, James Oshman – ISBN-10: 0750654007
Anatomy of Breathing, Blandine Calais-Germain – ISBN-10: 0939616556
Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain – ISBN-10: 0939616572
Core Intelligence, Marie-Jose Blom – 2002
Muscles and Meridians: The Manipulation of Shape, Phillip Beach – ISBN-10: 0702031097